Wednesday, August 12, 2009

“Never insult me with that question”

Mayor Daley is giving us an insight into the thought process of a successful politician. He has never liked answering questions but he recently explained why:

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/clout_st/2009/08/daley-declines-to-answer-questions-about-insiders-olympics-deal.html

It turns out that Mayor Daley feels personally insulted when asked an uncomfortable question. Here is his quote:

  • Daley, however, said he would only be taking questions on the city's construction plans.

    "I'm sorry I can't answer questions every day. Every day, I do it enough," Daley said.

    Asked by a Tribune reporter when he would be available to talk about Scott's project, Daley said the question insulted him.

    "Oh, I do it everyday, you've been with me every day. Never insult me with that question," Daley said. "You're insulting me because every day I'm here, you're never here. And don't print that, so I know you'll print it."

    Daley's press staff then ended the news conference.

Keep Mayor Daley’s perspective on answering questions in mind when you scrutinize the responses given by President Obama and his administrators during the debate over health care.

No comments:

Post a Comment