Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Town Hall Meeting with U.S. Congressman Brian Baird

A friend of ours sent us the following video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rRE5UK6NQU

There is little that anyone can add to these poignant town hall comments. I will only add the following reference material. In his comments the speaker David William Hedrick refers to the Marine Corps oath of enlistment and the US Congress oath of office. These 2 oaths are listed below for your reference.

Marine Corps
Oath of Enlistment:
I, ____________, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

US Congress
Oath of office:
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

Note that our elected officials and our military personnel have only one responsibility and that is to “support and defend the Constitution of the United States”.

No comments:

Post a Comment